26 September 2011

Events

I had a blast at Dragon*Con and the Decatur Book Festival, so I want to tell you about a new event where you can meet authors and hear them speak about writing, their books, and what inspires them:

YALLFEST 2011


Y'All Fest is a book event/festival for Young Adult authors in Charleston, SC. I'd really love to go, it's been 10 years since I've been to Charleston and I'd love to see the city again, especially if it also gives me the opportunity to see some amazing authors like Beth Revis, Carrie Ryan, Sarah Rees Brennan, Victoria Schwab, Saundra Mitchell, Diana Peterfreund, Caitlin Kittredge, Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I'm sure it will prove to be an amazing time!


The second thing I want to tell you about is the book blogger awards, the Cybils:



Nominations for books are coming soon. I am having such a hard time deciding what to nominate! I've also thrown my hat in the ring for judging the Sci-Fi and Fantasy category. I don't think I'll get it, my blog is so new and I've been neglectful of reviews lately, but maybe it will give me better chances next year :D


Speaking of reviews, I've added a new book list to the left side bar: waiting on review. I've read so many books this year that the reviews are piling up, but I can never motivate to finish editing and posting them. I'm gonna be more diligent about that for the next few weeks, and I may post a few one-paragraph quick reviews to get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment