27 August 2012

Artemis Fowl (Book 4): The Opal Deception by Eoin Colfer



The evil pixie Opal Koboi has spent the last year in a self-induced coma, plotting her revenge on all those who foiled her attempt to destroy the LEPrecon fairy police. And Artemis Fowl is at the top of her list.

After his last run-in with the fairies, Artemis had his mind wiped of his memories of the world belowground. But they have not forgotten about him. Once again, he must stop the human and fairy worlds from colliding—only this time, Artemis faces an enemy who may have finally outsmarted him.


Opal’s back, and she’s ready for revenge! I loved the fun of this book and watching the Opal vs Fowl battles. Opal really is my perfect foil for Artemis. They’re alike in a lot of ways. She’s smart, a little egotistical, and gets foils Artemis almost as much as he foils her. Even though the book starts in such a tragedy that I almost did not want to continue reading I somehow managed to make it through my sadness (spoilers!). I also really loved the bank robbing scene, it was so technical it was like “Mission Impossible” was playing in the background. That really describes a lot of this book: it has extreme highs and extreme lows, and Colfer masters the roller coaster brilliantly to keep the reader in suspense and wanting to finish the ride. This is my favorite Artemis Fowl book so far, and will be hard to top.



I received a copy of this book free through NetGalley in exchange for an unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment