01 January 2013

Top 10 Books of 2012

I had to wait until the Cyblis were announced to post my top 10 list.  To make up for it I'm going to post more than 1!   Today is Top 10 Books, tomorrow will be Top 10 Series, Thursday will be Top 10 books of 2013, Friday will be Top 10 Debut books of 2013, and Saturday will be Top 10 TBRs.

Here are the top 10 books I read in 2012:

1.

I thought this book was pretty close to perfect!  Absorbing, beautiful, and great worldbuilding.



2.

This book had a wonderful strong female lead and a realistic romance.  Plus cannibal ponies!



 3.

This book is a great YA military SF book.  Those are rare, so I love the guts to do it.  Plus, the book is good!



4.

This gem is thanks to the Cybils judging I did.  I love the theory of changing bodies every day, and it brings up wonderful questions of gender and identity.



5.

The magic in this book is just so original, and I love that it's set in Kansas!



6.

This was a great sequel that I believe could stand alone as well.  There were a lot of court/political intrigue books this year, but I thought this was the best.



7.

I can't believe I waited this long to read one of Brennan's books!  I'm glad I did, though, because this is a gem with a great story.



8.

I haven't lost any of my love for this series.  This latest book deals with Alzheimer's and bullying, which combine into a heartbreaking read.



9.

This was another Cybils gem.  It deals with dragons that can morph into human shape, and the musician Seraphina is caught up in court problems and racial tensions.



10.

 I'm not really a Jane Austen fan, but this retelling was a beautiful dystopian about the benefits and dangers of science and where the line between them truly lies.





 Runners up:



No comments:

Post a Comment