26 July 2012

Avatar: The Last Airbender Vol. 1 by Gene Luen Yang



The wait is over! Ever since the conclusion of Avatar: The Last Airbender, its millions of fans have been hungry for more--and it's finally here!

This series of digests rejoins Aang and friends for exciting new adventures, beginning with a faceoff against the Fire Nation that threatens to throw the world into another war, testing all of Aang's powers and ingenuity!

* The continuation of Airbender and the link to its upcoming sequel, Legend of Korra!

* Written by Gene Yang, author of the National Book Award-nominated American Born Chinese


I loved Avatar: The Last Airbender from somewhere around the end of season 1, so I was very excited to see that they were continuing Aang’s story in comics. I was kinda disappointed with this book though. First, it was short. Very short. I feel it’s probably too short for its price. They should have bundled at least 1 and2 together for the list price of $10.99. I alsofelt there was way too much PDA for a relationship between a 12 year old boy and a 14 year old girl. Perhaps I have been away from 12 year olds for too long, but I remember holding hands in public being a significant relationship step, and a quick peck being the pinnacle, but the comic seems to show extended makeout sessions and they just rubbed me the wrong way. The main plot line about difficulties with conquering colonies needing relocation was interesting, and I want to see where they’re going to go with it, but I’m not sure I’ll continue the series because of the cost of the books.



I received a copy of this book free through NetGalley in exchange for an unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment