18 July 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Glitch by Heather Anastasiu





 
 
This is Breaking the Spine's Waiting for Wednesday, where bloggers post about a book they just can't wait to get their hands on! 
 
 



 




  Glitch by Heather Anastasiu

August 7th 2012



In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network.

When Zoe starts to malfunction (or “glitch”), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers.

As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Both boys introduce Zoe to feelings that are entirely new. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse.

In this action-packed debut, Glitch begins an exciting new young adult trilogy.

Cybernetic superheroes, I think this is going to be an interesting blend of genres that I hope results in a good book.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I read this a few weeks ago! It was pretty good! I hope you will like it. :)
    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it's good, I'll be anxiously waiting!

      Delete
  2. Hmm...starting the description I was all oooh but I smell love triangle. I will keep a weary eye on this one.

    Sandy
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete