12 April 2012

K is for Kiddo Award

For April I'm Blogging the Alphabet through YA Book Awards!  Find out more Here!


The Kiddo Award is a new award given out by James Patterson's Read Kiddo Read website.  The award started in 2011.  Awards are given to children's books in five categories: Series, 0-6, 7-10, 8 and up, and 10 and up.  There is no genre qualification, however, Fantasy has won an award both years.  Books, chosen with the criteria of books "kids just couldn't put down this year", are chosen by members of Read Kiddo Read's forum and these nominees are voted on by facebook users.  It is assumed that many of these voters are children who read and enjoy books.1

Notable Kiddo Nominees:
The Heroes of Olympus: The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan - 2012 Winner
Angel: A Maximum Ride Novel by James Patterson - 2012 Nominee
Anya’s Ghost by Vera Brosgol - 2012 Nominee
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente and Ana Juan - 2012 Nominee
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - 2012 Nominee
The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson - 2012 Nominee
The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens - 2012 Honorable Mention
Invisible Inkling by Emily Jenkins; Illustrated by Harry Bliss - 2012 Nominee






1 http://www.readkiddoread.com/uploads/kiddos.php

6 comments:

  1. Cute award. I had never heard of it. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice award. I actually haven't read any of the nominees, but I've heard good things about Patterson's and Riggs' books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked Valente's book. And I've seen Miss Peregrine's Home on lots of these awards, I'm going to get a copy of it because a lot of people seem to like it.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is. I'm not sure I trust how it pans out (I don't know if you have to have an under-13 log in to be counted) but I love the idea of having a book award voted on by the kids who are the intended audience.

      Delete