23 April 2012

T is for Kirkus Reviews Best Teen Books

For April I'm Blogging the Alphabet through YA Book Awards!  Find out more Here!


The Kirkus Reviews Best Teen Books is an honor chosen by Kirkus editors.  Their criteria is rather vague, but I assume it is the best books they reviewed of the year.  Books are organized into categories for readers to easily find the ones they like.  One of the Teen genres is "Fantasy, Science Fiction, and the Paranormal", and there are a number of books in it.




Notable 2011 Kirkus Reviews Best Teen Books:
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol
Ashfall by Mike Mullin
Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
Chime by Franny Billingsley
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making By Catherynne M. Valente
Misfit By Jon Skovron
A Monster Calls By Patrick Ness
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore


3 comments:

  1. Kirkus revies are expensive for the author and don't neccessarily give the good result expected. Blog on!

    http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm with Francene. I don't know if I want to pay 500 bucks for the honor of a Kirkus review... I still haven't seen any of my friends who have it get any more sales than the others.

    From Diary of a Writer in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the publishers sent the books to Kirkus. No? I would never pay ANYONE to review a book.

    Your blogsite is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete